Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Style Update

EllaCouture Here's an outfit I wore to a weekend barbecue and I liked it enough that I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Normally if you asked me "so what's thrifted?" I'd smile and point out five different vintage pieces. In this outfit, I went all-out modern and purchased just about everything you see here new.

Let's go over it head to toe.

Sunglasses - Kenneth Cole Reaction - $54
Picked these up at Ross for $15! They've been oh-so-useful and $15 was a great find.

Bangles - Various Shops - $15
Places like Claire's, Target, even the dollar store. I don't like to spend a lot on accessories. I'd rather have loads of different inexpensive ones (because trends are always changing) than two or three designer bracelets that won't be stylish two months from now anyway.

Scarf - Walmart - $5
I was on my way to an Alaskan cruise last fall when I thought to myself "uh... I didn't pack a scarf." We stopped by a Walmart on the way out of town. Lo and behold, they had cute ones. For $5. I wanted them all.

Jeans - Beau Black Skinnies - $49
Another Ross find. I love Ross. Picked these up at $15. I wear them constantly.

Shoes - Michael Kors Black Zippered Berkley Sandals - $149
Picked these up on major sale at Nordstrom Rack. Only paid $36 for them! I. AM. IN. LOVE. With these shoes.

I also paired this little rocker chic look with my classic thrifted leather jacket that I picked up for $25 and my favorite patent leather Coach tote in burgundy, but I left the two of those at the door pretty much right away.

This was a perfect outfit for the barbecue. The sweater was lightweight enough for spring and throwing the scarf on made me perfectly warm as the sun started to set.

I love skinny jeans with sandals, so these shoes worked out perfectly, and gave me that rocker chic edge I love so much. I was warm, comfortable and had loads of fun well into the night!

So that was your style update of the week. Let me know what you thought by commenting on this post. I should have another style update for you next Thursday and some awesome posts in the meantime!

Take care!

0 comments:

Post a Comment